RSS

Tori Spellings

http://www.cookiemag.com/images/entertainment/2009/05/ensl05_tori_outtakes.jpg
http://www.cookiemag.com/images/entertainment/2009/05/ensl03_tori_outtakes.jpg
Considering the Spelling family business, do you let your kids watch TV?
TV is basically my life, so to be the mom who says, "My kids will never watch," would be totally hypocritical. We try to strike a balance; it's a work in progress.
What's your favorite family ritual these days?
TS Family dinner is huge on my list. I feel like it's good to start it now. When Liam and Stella are eating in their high chairs, Dean and I try to eat something, so we're all sitting down together. I see this continuing the rest of their lives. When they're all grown up and out of the house, maybe once a week they'll come home for family dinner.
In your book, you describe Liam as a daddy's boy. Is that still the case?
TS Well, it turns out that Stella is a total mama's girl. My biggest fear in life was having a girl—how was I going to handle a girl [considering my relationship with my mother]? But for all my fears, without my even trying, Stella wants her mama. When she is in Dean's arms, she lunges for me the way Liam did for him.
What's one of the weirder parts of being pregnant in Hollywood?
TS During both pregnancies, people touched my belly a lot. I would never do that to a pregnant woman—it's a personal thing. And if I did, I'd say, "Your belly is so cute, can I touch it?" But when fans did it, I couldn't say, "Please don't touch," because then it would be, "What a bitch!" At a certain point, I just decided that [my second baby] Stella was getting a lot of love in there.
How much does it suck to have to lose baby weight in Hollywood?

TS Well, after I'd given birth to Stella, some woman at the market grabbed my belly and asked when I was due. When she had the flab in her hand, she realized her mistake.
And the first time I went out after I had Liam, the paparazzi were around and I remember trying to hold my stomach in, even though my muscles were shot to hell, because it's not like they want the story, "Look at the happy couple, they just had a baby!" They want, "Do you see her stomach?
We thought she already had the baby." But I always say the weeklies build you up to tear you down. It's a funny cycle. The week before they were asking, "Is she too thin?" they showed a picture of me in a bikini on the beach and said I looked great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment