RSS
Jennie Garth & Girls Cover Cookie

We loved her as the impossibly perfect Kelly Taylor in Beverly Hills, 90210. Now we can't get enough of Jennie Garth, the self-titled "homebody" who suffers from mommy brain just like the rest of us! The 37-year-old mother of three daughters - Luca, 12; Lola, 6; and Fiona, 3 - sat down with Cookie to discuss becoming a young mom in unforgiving Hollywood, how she struggles with disciplining her girls who span 12 years in age, and how she and hubby Peter Facinelli make it work amidst his red-hot career.

On providing a close family environment for her girls: "We're always together, maybe to a fault! We like to be together, I think more than most child psychologists or even my mother would say is healthy. But there will come a time when they don't want to be with me, so I'm reveling in it now."

On her struggles to discipline three girls who span 12 years in age: "I had to give my 6-year-old four time-outs two days ago. She kept hitting. I don't spank, though sometimes I think, These time-outs aren't working! What's next? [I aim for] consistency, and not making idle threats. They have to know there are consequences for violence, name-calling, and not doing household chores. They're all in such different places, but all those places require boundaries."

On how pregnancy was a career-killer back in her day: "There weren't many actresses willing to have kids, because they thought it would jeopardize their career or their desirability. There was an actress on an Aaron Spelling soap opera who got sued for getting pregnant. I got pregnant right after her, while I was on an Aaron Spelling show. But I knew he'd be supportive; [Beverly Hills, 90210 was such a hit] he couldn't be anything but."

0 comments:

Post a Comment